Desk Redo

We found this desk on the side of the road a while ago and decided to try something new. I am really into the raw wood look right now and I didn't really need the desk for writing on so I decided to give it a little different look. We cut the wood planks from an old pallet we found on the side of the road. This project only cost us $10, and that was for the paint!

Let me just say, I. AM. IN. LOVE!

A lot of people have given me grief over it not being uniform and the cracks being big, but I really like it!!

Let me know what you think?!

 Yucky desk that looked like it was not worth anything. 

 We just threw some old white paint on it, to prime it for the color.

And then we measured and glued the boards on top.

 


 Did a little sanding to get the rough edges and splinters off. 

 And because I'm all about the natural wood look, we just coated it with some polyurethane.


Isn't it amazing?! I LOVE it! 


Making Old Things New,
Whitney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Pallet Made New

Hello and Welcome!